I QUIT alcohol and marijuana to focus on new music- Miley Cyrus reveals


She has often spoken candidly of her previous drug use, revealing in June that she has decided to quit smoking marijuana.  And addressing her decision to do so in a new interview with The Sun, Miley Cyrus insisted she has been sober for weeks, as she has wanted to keep a 'clear-head' to work on her new music and album Younger Now.


The Wrecking Ball singer, 24, claimed that smoking the drug had affected her energy levels and hindered her ability as a performer. Miley claimed that despite once being a lover of the herbal substance, she wouldn't consider herself as a spokesperson for legalising marijuana because of the effect it has on her as an entertainer.

She told the publication: 'It doesn't allow me to have as much energy as I'd like to have or to focus on my work... I really want to be clear about my music.

'For me, I wanted to be clear-headed.'

The blonde beauty first spoke of her decision to quit smoking marijuana four months ago, admitting during an appearance on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon that 'no one has ever smoked as much as I did'.

She admitted to the chat show host that she has appeared 'high' on his show in the past, saying at the time of her interview: 'It's weird to be here; Remember the last time I was here? I was dressed as a bunny rabbit and then like a cat. There’s a reason for that - I was high.'

Miley had added to Billboard: 'I like to surround myself with people that make me want to get better, more evolved, open... and I was noticing, it’s not the people that are stoned.

'I want to be super clear and sharp, because I know exactly where I want to be.'

Comments